Monday 10 August 2015

Reading Portfolio Sample T3 2015

 Description: In reading we have done a portfolio sample on a Tic-Tac-Toe like last term. I did 'Wasteman', which is an activity where you have a summary written for a story about a waste man, but you have to write the whole story, so basically the opposite of summarizing, which is my goal.

Big Idea: Troy wrote a summary about this, and I wrote the full story. It was quite interesting writing a full story from a summary instead of writing a summary from a story. Overall, I thought it was kind of strange, because it was the opposite of what I have been learning. Anyway, I have learned how to summarize by looking for key words and key points, and putting all that together in a summary. Below is what I have done.

Summary: Waste Man was made by a man named Antony Gormley over a six-week period in 2006 out of 30 tonnes of recycled waste materials, it was then burnt a day after it was finished.



Full Story: 


Feedback/FeedForward: I like how you added a lot of detail in your story but maybe you could say what is wasteman made out of. Houston.

Evaluation: I like my story and how I managed to get a little summary and turn it to a full story. Next time I could have more detail in my story, and explain the real textures from the summary into the story.

1 comment:

  1. Tane, this was a rather challenging task so I appreciate you having a go at it. I'm sure given how creative you are that you could have added a bit more to your story as this gave you some artistic freedom to go nuts with. Next time take a bit more time to make this more detailed and engaging for your viewers.

    ReplyDelete