Wednesday 25 March 2015

Te Ahu a Turanga Noho Marae

Description: In week 7, we had an overnight stay at the local Marae in Woodville.  We were immersed in Maori culture and participated in a range of activities.  We set two goals to focus on during our stay.

Big Idea:  
1. Did you achieve your goals? How do you know?
I think I achieved my goal to be able to walk the Manawatu Gorge, because I didn't stop, and I kept saying "Never Give Up!!!". I am sure to say that I did sleep OK, because I predicted that I sleep for about 5 hours in total. I found it hard to sleep because I wasn't used to sleeping with 60 other people.

2. What are you most proud of from the marae stay and why?
I am most proud of being able to do the Manawatu Gorge Walk, because I am not a fan of exercising at all, so being able to do the walk was really new to me, and I enjoyed it. 

3. What challenged you the most and why?
The String Games challenged me the most, because I had to get my fingers used to the string. It a lot of time, but after about 1 hour, I could do it.


1 comment:

  1. Tane, I was sad that you didn't get to come with our class, but I guess thats the joys of Poutama, you slotted in there perfectly fine! Well Done for toughing it out on the gorger walk, its a challenging track and its great to push our body to the limits, thats how we grow!!!

    ReplyDelete